Hi family!
It's getting surreal here! I just had my exit interview with
President Hawks today-- seems like it was just yesterday that I was in
my entering interview where he asked me what I would do if my companion
wanted to visit a male YSA 2 minutes before curfew! Haha. But seriously,
crazy. I was pleasantly surprised how much he didn't talk about
marriage! I mean, obviously he did, because it wouldn't be an exit
interview if he didn't, but knowing him and all the sketchy things he
says and all the marriage-pushing he does, it was pretty tame. Thank
heavens! Haha.
This week we saw some great miracles thanks to more of the prayers
of our ward members! After not being able to get a hold of Hayley for 3
weeks because she started a new job with really long hours, we saw her
two days in a row last week! And we're seeing her again tomorrow!
And it was HER idea to start reading the Book of Mormon during her
lunch hours, since she hasn't been able to find time. And it was also
her idea that she should see us more often briefly after she gets off of
work! Yay!! She's so great, so happy and funny. She always makes me
smile. She really gets the spirit of missionary work-- she doesn't like
to see people unhappy, so when she sees them unhappy, she tells the to
pray, because it makes her happy. She's so great!
Last night there was a My Conversion Story Fireside, where
departing missionaries invite one person they've helped to speak and
share their testimony, and I invited Sister Tung, this long-time less
active who we found on 2 different occasions and got her to start coming
back to church. It was really cool hearing the story from her
perspective, especially how many details she remembered. It was a good
reminder to me that I really have been able to have a good influence and
impact on people's lives here. One of my RCs from my first area, Sister
Cheng (Jeng) also came to see me, and I found out she went through the
temple for her endowment already!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! It was such a happy
reunion. She's so great!! Yay!!! I love that woman! And then the Tseung
Kwan O sisters also came and brought a girl who we had met and
introduced to them, and we found out she'd been baptized!! Yay!!! It was
so rewarding and happy to sit there with all of them and just reflect
on all the different times of my mission. I love missions! They're the
best! Everyone should share the gospel all the time! It's the best!
Seeing people change their lives and find the joy the gospel brings is
so rewarding! And embrace it more yourselves!
Love you all!
Sister Heaton
PS To Mom and Will concerning the weather-- you should check it
yourselves, but if you haven't, it may not be a bad idea to bring a
light jacket-- it's kind of that weather now. Oh man, America's gonna
kill me with the cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment