Sunday, April 14, 2013

3/25/2013: You gotta have faith!

Hey family!

I hope all is well in the 703, or wherever you're currently living. This week was good-- full of miracles! I'm telling  you, faith works! You should try it sometime!

We've been teaching this investigator lately, Sister Jim (said like Tzeem), who the sisters found right before I got here, and she accepted a baptismal date this week! Yeah!! She was so awesome. We invited her to be baptized, and she was like "Ok! When?" So then we extended a date and she starts writing it down to remember so she can ask her husband to make sure it's ok. She's so cool! I'm pretty sure she doesn't really get most of what we're teaching her, but when we gave her a tour of the church, she really felt the Spirit, especially in the chapel and when we showed her the baptismal font. She even recognized that she didn't feel as good after she left the church! She's awesome! Her husband is afraid that she's going to have to donate all of her money to the church or something, and I think is pretty afraid the church (or probably any church she'd go to) is going to scam her, because to be honest, she'd probably be pretty easy to scam in some regards. But the thing is that our church is actually TRUE, so we're not just trying to scam her. Then another investigator, Christine, who has been investigating for 3 years finally picked a baptismal date on her own! We did give her a nudge in the right direction, but we wanted it very much to be her own choice, because when missionaries have pushed her too hard in the past she has disappeared. She knows the church is true, she just struggles with coming to church and having enough faith.

But faith is so important! It is by faith the world are and were created, and is the power by which anything and everything happens. For example, on Sunday we were finding in this apartment complex I kept feeling like we needed to go to, and we were being ignored and rejected left and right, and my companion was worried about security guards getting mad at us because one had eyed us suspiciously earlier, and we were getting close to the end of our finding time, but I was praying so hard for an attitude of faith, and finally was like "Heavenly Father, I KNOW there's someone here you want me to find-- help us find them!" Then I felt like we needed to where these 2 old people were sitting, which if you're familiar with missionary work in Hong Kong, and you're probably not unless you're Mom, then you'll know that old people usually aren't the most productive target, but we went and started talking to them. Then, as they were rejecting us, this young mom (Mom! Families!) with her baby came up to us and just started talking, and we asked her if she wanted to know more about where  her baby was before he was born and her purpose in life and where we go after death, and she was like "I want to know all of those things!" so we asked if we could sit down and share a message with her, and she was like "Yeah! Let's go back to my apartment!" So we did, but she had just argued with her parents, so they wouldn't let us in (I don't know that they would have anyway), but she still really wanted to hear us, so we found a bench and just started sharing the gospel with her, and she was loving it, and was like "We're going to be really good friends!" And she walked us all the way out to the bus stop and just kept on waving to us after we had turned around-- she's so golden! So excited! 

So this week has been really awesome in the miracles regard. It really just takes believing that Heavenly Father wants to bless us, and then He will. I know it because I've seen it time after time after time on my mission. Thanks for the love and support everyone!

Love,
Sister Heaton

No comments:

Post a Comment