Tuesday, April 23, 2013

4/22/2013: Hou yeh.

Hi family!

This week was good! A big difference from last week. Last week we were finding pretty much all week, and this week we were teaching pretty much all week, without much time to find. So inconsistent. But we were happy to be able to teach so much! 

Jim Jimuih is progressing well! She went to church for the 3rd time this week, and stayed after for about a half hour just chatting with different sisters in the relief society-- it was awesome! I've noticed that most people have 1 area (between prayer, scriptures, and church) that drive along their conversion the most, and I can tell for her it's church. She just loves it!

Also, the guy who we found last week named A-Hoi who came up to us to ask us what version of the English Bible we read came to church yesterday! We hadn't had the chance to teach him anything yet, so I felt kind of bad for him because he was probably really confused. But he liked it enough that he stayed at the building until 4:00, 4 hours after church ended! It was awesome! . We went to the Bishop's house for dinner last night, and he was like "what's up with him? He was still there when I left!" Also, I just love our bishop and his family. They're awesome.

Also, I've gained a testimony of setting goals by the spirit and praying over it. We set a goal to get 3 referrals yesterday (which is more than we've ever had in a week in this area, let alone a day, and is a pretty high referral count for any area) and prayed for it, and we got it! And it was 3 solid member referrals! One was a friend of a member and investigator, one was the best friend of a girl who leaves to start her mission today, and the other was from Lai Sze, who is a recent convert from Sham Shui Po so who I know pretty well, who brought her friend out of the blue to meet us yesterday because her friend is having a hard time lately, and the friend seemed excited and interested about how the gospel can make us so much happier! It was awesome!

And just for fun, a few funny t-shirt sightings:
  • Black grape cake
  • I love you like a fat kid loves cake
  • Beautiful Girl
  • Purple ROCK unicorn
I love it when people don't know what their shirts say. Yay for funny Chinese people!

Love you all! Keep on keeping on!

Sister Heaton

No comments:

Post a Comment