Saturday, November 23, 2013

10/6/2013: (no subject)

Hi family!
 
I was sad to get a call this morning from President Hawks letting me know that Grandma had passed away. I'm pretty sad about it-- I will definitely miss her--especially her missionary fire! But it does sound like she's happier now, so I am happy for her in that way. I'm so grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, that we know that through Jesus Christ, death is not the end, and that we are still a family for eternity. It's so comforting to know that death is just one step closer to resurrection and eternal life with our Father in Heaven. I'm so grateful for his merciful plan for us and our families. I hope this will just give me that much more motivation to share the gospel and God's wonderful plan for our happiness with everyone, and let them know that there can always be comfort and joy in death despite the sorrow, and how this is just a short time where we are away from our heavenly home. I love you guys!
 
This week otherwise has been good. We had a surprise moves call Saturday night, finding out that today Sister Law is moving (3 days before normal moves-- weird! All the sisters that are moving are moving today). My new companion will be Sister Aliaga! For those of you who don't remember, she's the one from our stake! Spring Lakes Ward! Oakton Stake represent!! She's a convert too! Yes! I love convert companions! They're so powerful! She'll be my 4th! I'm excited that I can get to know her now, since I never met her before the mission (I think she joined the church when she was 16 or 17 or something). I've heard her name a lot from Rachel Hicks, who was friends with her at William and Mary-- It'll be a fun move together! So powerful!
 
Well, I'm about out of time-- thanks for the emails everyone! I love you! The Lord is mindful of each and every one of us.
 
Love,
Sister Heaton

No comments:

Post a Comment