Hey family!
Yeah, not too long since I last wrote, so we'll see what
interesting things I can come up with! Actually, we had a couple of
pretty cool miracles/experiences the last few days, so I'll share some
of those.
1) We were finding the other night, and it started raining, so we
decided to go somewhere that would be covered to find, so while we're
going on this completely unplanned course, we run into Lau Jimuih, an
investigator from my first area who has a really difficult family
situation and SO needs the gospel, and who we were so excited about as
we'd see her face start lighting up more and more every time she had
remembered to pray or read the Book of Mormon, but then out of the blue
stopped answering her phone. So excited! When I called out her name and
she turned around, her face absolutely lit up, and she was so happy that
I remembered her and was genuinely excited to see her, and she was like
"I haven't seen you in so long! Come and visit me again!" She was just
grinning from ear to ear and rubbing my arm and so excited. Absolute
miracle! I knew us teaching her was no accident. I'm going to hopefully
schedule her this week and help her meet the sisters that serve in that
area now. I've noticed God works in interesting ways, and one of His
favorite MOs for leading us where we need to be is rain. Haha. I'm now
convinced that every time it rains it's to help a missionary find
someone.
2) We had a pretty neat experience finding yesterday. We got to
this intersection, and I felt like we needed to turn right, even though
it was getting close to a dead end and there were just a lot of white
people, so we turned left, but after a few seconds of instant regret we
decided to turn around down to where the Spirit was telling us to go.
Then we got side-tracked when we saw a whole family together down a
side-street, who we approached and flat-out rejected us, but I said a
prayer in my heart that our being side-tracked momentarily wouldn't stop
us from finding that one person we needed to find, so instead of
continuing down that side-street as we would normally have done, we went
back to the street we were originally on, and see this family stop and
go into their building, but the mom paused outside for just long enough
that we caught her right as the door was closing, and she stepped back
out to figure out what was going on. It turns out they speak Mandarin
(naturally, because I'm a pro-Mandarin finder), and her friend had told
her in the last week that she needed to find some religious beliefs, and
that she's been really wanting to do that ever since, so she thought it
was just right that when she wanted religious beliefs we appeared. So
cool! And her husband seemed super nice and like he'd probably be
willing to hear the missionaries, which is a pretty huge miracle as
well. Yay for the Spirit! Yay for finding families who can be sealed in
the temple! It was a cool experience.
3) Last but most certainly not least, this one actually happened
last week when I started an exchange with Sister Wright in Aberdeen, but
I forgot to write about it and it was pretty awesome. We were in a line
of 30+ people waiting for the bus from Wan Chai to Aberdeen, and 2
completely full buses had already passed by, and we had an appointment
in 30 minutes (which, by the way, it takes about 30 minutes from Wan
Chai to Aberdeen), so we decided we needed a miracle. I told Sister
Wright, "If God could help Moses part the Red Sea, he can surely get us
to Aberdeen on time! It's going to be fine. I've prayed for Him to part
traffic before, and He's done it!" Sister Wright said in response,
"Alright, well, I'll rely on your faith for this one." So I started
praying right at that moment in my heart, and she said "What we really
need is an empty bus!" Literally as soon as the words left her mouth, a
completely empty bus pulled up to the curb, and we were able to make it
on and get to our appointment not too late. YEAH! Faith is so cool! So
powerful! It was for sure a miracle, especially in downtown Hong Kong.
Yeah!!
So those were my miracles for the week. Our ward had a baptism on
Sunday-- it was one of the elders' investigators and his 9-year old son.
It was a really neat baptism, because it's so clear how converted he
is. He gave up smoking for this. When he had his first clean day, he
called the elders and was like "I'm free!! I'm free! It's the beginning
of a new life for me!" all in English. The elders said when he was
changing after the baptism, they asked him how he felt, and he said "My
heart feels clean." It was a really wonderful baptism.
Anyway, wow, I'm shocked I was able to write that much. I hope you're still reading this! :)
Love you all!
Sister Heaton
No comments:
Post a Comment